LIPID MAPS® Structure Database (LMSD)Introduction | Classification-based search | Text/ontology-based search | Structure-based search | Programmatic Access | Download
Overview of Interfaces
We provide multiple options for accessing LMSD records, as outlined below. Search results for online interfaces provide a summary table of database entries matching search criteria, with LM_IDs linked to individual records, which contain lipid structure and extensive annotations, including relevant links to external databases.
- LIPID MAPS® Classification System — View lipids by category, or drill down to view lipids by main class, sub class.
- Keyword / ontology — Search by LM ID, name, mass, formula, category, main class, and subclass.
- Structure — Draw and search by complete structure or substructure in conjunction with optional data fields.
- Programmatic Access — Retrieve LMSD data via the command line using wget.
- Download — Download LMSD as an SDF file.